ID Card Photo Submission
First Year & Transfer Students - To be sure your ID card is ready when you arrive to campus, you will need to provide a photo to be used for your Campus ID Card (Irish1Card).
Requirements for Your ID card Photo
- The length and width of your photo must be equal in size (1:1 ratio) with your face centered in the middle of the frame. Please crop prior to uploading if needed.
- The photo must be a headshot of you (no other people or objects)
- Senior portraits/school photos cannot be used
- The photo should be a high resolution digital color photo
- Your head must face the camera directly
- The photo must be less than 6 months old and reflect your current appearance
- Use a neutral (Non-White) background
- Prescription eyeglasses are permitted, but your eyes must be clearly visible (no glare)
- Hats or head coverings are not permitted (Exceptions can be made for religious reasons, please contact the Campus Card Office for more information)
- Smiles are welcome!
Log-in at GET.ND.EDU using your active Notre Dame NetID and Password. If you are using a mobile device please install the GET app (Apple and Android). The mobile application will allow you the option to crop your photo, but the desktop version does not. If using the desktop version, be sure to crop your photo prior to uploading it. Be sure your photo meets the above requirements. Photos that fail to meet these requirements will not be accepted.
Once you arrive at the main page select "Upload ID Photo" on the right, or if you are using the GET app select "settings" in the menu bar in the top corner.
Read through the photo requirements and if you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your photo
Once your photo is approved you will receive a confirmation email. Please do not submit another photo once you receive confirmation of approval. Your card will be available for pick up when you arrive on campus for move-in.
Please note: At the time your ID card is to be picked up you must present a valid government issued photo ID. This can be a driver’s license, passport, or state ID card. Your Irish1Card will be used to access most of what you will need on campus including: Meals plans, Residence Halls, RecSports, Hesburgh Library and much more. If you have any questions about submitting your photo, or about your Irish1Card, please email us at email@example.com.